Majors McGuire Inc provides an Elevated Work Platform (EWP) course (includes zoom-boom, articulating boom, scissor lift etc.). This awareness course teaches participants the general operation and safety procedures while using an EWP. Participants will have an opportunity to operate equipment in the practical portion of the training. The theory portion of the class typically takes 3.5 to 4.5 hours, depending on class interaction and experience levels. The practical immediately follows the theory portion.
- Legislative Requirements & Responsibilities
- Types of EWPs & Stability Principles
- Pre-Shift Inspections
- Safe Operating & Load Handling Procedures
- Equipment Use, Inspection & Maintenance
- Basic Fall Protection Awareness only
- Hazard Awareness