SKIDSTEER / BOBCAT SAFETY
Majors McGuire Inc. provides a Skidsteer / Bobcat Safety Course that is intended to teach operators the principles and procedures behind the safe operation of a skidsteer. We cover the basic types of loaders and operation. Participants will have an opportunity to operate and handle loads in the practical portion of the training.
- Legislative Requirements & Responsibilities
- Discuss how weight distribution affect skid-steer loader steering and stability.
- Explain the difference between Tipping Load and Rated Operating Capacity.
- Have an understanding of the hydrostatic transmission, and that the loader will react the moment the steering levers are moved.
- Explain why maintenance is an important factor for safe, efficient, and productive operation.
- Identify the controls and their function.
- Identify the loader’s safety features and explain their importance.
- Explain the steps of safe entry and exit.
- Explain the reason for changing attachments and the use of the Bob-Tach system.
- Know the fundamentals of safe & efficient maneuvering, traveling, and working with the attachment.
Course Length: 3 Hours
Maximum Class Size: 12
Certification: Recommended - 3 Year
To register for this course, please contact Majors McGuire at Contact Us Form indicating which course you are interested in attending.
or fill out the