What is the new Health and Safety Excellence Program?
It is a voluntary incentive program connecting businesses of all sizes with WSIB-approved Providers (Majors McGuire) to improve the health and safety of their workplaces. The new program expands service and delivery options, making it accessible to more employers across Ontario. It integrates the Small Business, Workwell and Safety Groups programs into a single health and safety program that encourages continuous improvement. The new program is now open for enrolment for the 2020 program year. . Find out more at this link: https://www.wsib.ca/en/healthandsafety
How the WSIB Excellence Program works
- Attend an info session (optional) (Currently not running due to COVID-19): Understand the program and business case for health and safety. Click on link to view list of upcoming sessions: https://www.wsib.ca/en/health-and-safety-excellence-program-sign-information-session
- Join: Choose an approved provider (Majors McGuire), complete an assessment and select 1-5 topics to work on for the year.
- Develop: Learn and implement safety topic(s) with the support of Majors McGuire's consultants.
- Demonstrate: Submit evidence of implementation for review by a WSIB validator.
- Achieve: Receive rebates, non-financial recognition and improve health and safety in your workplace.
The program provides businesses with support to make improvements in the workplace, leading to better health and safety performance, which could result in lower premium rates, a rebate and recognition. Frequently Asked Questions link: https://www.wsib.ca/en/health-and-safety-excellence-program-frequently-asked-questions
Did you know that developing policies & procedures related to the control of COVID-19 qualifies as a WSIB Health & Safety Excellence Program topic and is eligible for a financial rebate? https://www.wsib.ca/en/health-and-safety-excellence-program-pandemic-readiness
Group 1 :
Low predictability* (<20%) - Businesses with low insurable earnings and a low number of past claims qualify for a minimum $1,000 rebate per completed Health & Safety Topic, or 2% of their premiums, whichever is greater, up to 75% of their annual WSIB premiums.
Group 2 :
High predictability* (>20%) - Businesses with high insurable earnings and high claim costs qualify for a 1.4% rebate of their WSIB annual premiums up to a maximum of $50,000 rebate per completed Health & Safety Topic, or $250,000 for 5 completed Topics.
* Predictability is a measurement of how much your past claims and insurable earnings can be used to predict future outcomes. To determine your predictability index, you can securely log in to the Compass via WSIB online services at https://www.wsib.ca/en/onlineservices
- An improved health and safety program for participating employer workplaces
- An Excellence Program participation badge will be visible online within the WSIB Compass when a firm’s action plan is approved by the WSIB (updated quarterly).
- Firms will receive additional Compass recognition for each topic and level completed, as well as number of years in the program.
- An annual achievement report will be sent to employers from the WSIB to reflect their progress in the program.
Services / Fees / Registration
Registration for the 2020 Majors McGuire Excellence Program is now open. If you have any questions regarding Majors McGuire Inc's Excellence Program, our fee structure, or want to request an Application Form, please contact [email protected], or call (519) 944 9999